How to ensure a safe journey through Aalborg Airport
When traveling through Aalborg Airport, as a passenger, you should be aware of a number of guidelines issued by the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) and thus applicable at all European airports. Be aware that these guidelines should be followed at all times when you are at Aalborg Airport. Below you can read more about what the European guidelines entail and how to get ready for your next trip.
How to prepare yourself best from home
- If you feel ill and have doubts about traveling, we always recommend that you consult your own doctor before going to the airport.
- We recommend to check-in online as far ahead as possible.
- We recommend arriving at the airport well in advance of your flight as extra waiting times may occur.
- Bring sufficient number of factory-made / surgical face masks for the entire trip.
- The health authorities recommend changing face masks every 3-4 hours. You can also buy face masks at the airport's service center in the check-in area.
Be well prepared before security
- There may be restrictions on the number of permissible pieces of luggage. We always recommend that you check specific baggage rules at your airline.
- Prepare fluid bag before arrival for security check. You must carry a maximum of 1 bag and a maximum of 1 liter in 100 ml. containers.
- Hand sanitizers over 100 ml. are allowed. However, the total amount must not exceed what the security personnel assess as the passenger's own needs during the specific journey.
Rules on protective equipment at the airport and on the plane
- All passengers must wear a factory-made / surgical face mask from the moment they enter the Aalborg Airport terminal, on board the aircraft and until they leave the terminal after arrival.
- Wearing factory-made / surgical face masks is mandatory from June 15, 2020, and it is your responsibility to bring along a face mask. Note alternative face masks are not approved.
- Factory-made / surgical face masks can be purchased at the airport service center in the check-in area before the security check.
- Children under the age of 6 and people with a valid medical explanation do not have to wear a face mask.
- For security reasons and passport checks, you may be asked to remove your face mask for safety reasons.
- So far, the guidelines are valid until August 29, 2020.
Kiss & Goodbye
- Only staff, authorities and passengers with a valid ticket have access to the terminal. If you need to pick up or drive passengers to the airport, do not receive passengers or say goodbye to passengers in the terminal. It must be done outside.
Your journey in the airport terminal
A safe journey through the airport
- When moving around in the airport, it is important that you keep a distance of 1 meter from other passengers and take into account your fellow passengers.
- Inform airport staff or airport crew if you feel ill along the way.
- Aalborg Airport has set up signage in the terminal. We recommend that you respect the guidelines so that we can all ensure a safe journey through the airport.
- We recommend that you follow the National Board of Health's general guidelines on good hygiene, where hand-sanitizing machines are also installed in all the places you go to at the airport.
Safe contact with staff
- The authorities require that protective equipment must be worn at both Danish and foreign airports and on board the aircraft. Therefore, you will find that airport staff wear visor or face masks.
- Airline staff will either wear face mask or visor.
- In places where it is not possible to comply with the health authorities' distance requirements, plexiglass shielding will be installed. This applies, for example, to check-in desks and at gates.
Boarding and on the aircraft
- Always check the guidelines of your specific airline. There may be different rules.
Guidelines also apply when returning home
- Respect the distance at the baggage claim area.
- Appoint a meeting place with family / driver outside the terminal.
- Wear factory-made / surgical face masks until you leave the terminal.
- Use hand sanitizer.
The destination may have other guidelines
- If you have any doubts about whether you should travel to a specific country, you can always stay up to date on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website.
- We also recommend that you always stay up to date on guidelines in the country you are traveling to at the embassy or similar.